Tigers are magnificent majestic big cats who deserve our utmost respect, protection and advocacy. Sadly there are only an estimated 3,200 of Tony’s “cousins” remaining in the wild, a decline of 95% since the turn of the century. Poaching, human-tiger conflict, loss of habitat and prey are the main threats to tigers. Learn more about wild tigers and how we can help support efforts to save them:
Captive U.S. Tigers
Tony is just one of the estimated 5,000 or more privately owned tigers in the United States and he has definitely raised awareness to this serious issue. Please continue to support Tony and take action for captive U.S. tigers:
Sign & Share Tony’s Petition:
Keep Tony’s story active on social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. Links to share:
ALDF Page For Tony: http://www.aldf.org/tony
Join Tony on Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/FreeTonyTheTiger
Free Tony The Tiger On WordPress: http://freetonythetiger.wordpress.com/
Tony’s Story: http://freetonythetiger.wordpress.com/tonys-story/
Follow Tony On Twitter:
Tony On Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/FreeTonyTheTiger
Important Bills To Take Action On!
H.R. 4122: Please ask your Congress Member to support H.R.4122 – The Big Cats and Public Safety Protection Act. This bill would prohibit private possession of big cats except at highly-qualified facilities like accredited zoos where they can be properly cared for and safely managed.
- Enter your zip code at Big Cat Rescue – Tampa FL’s Action Alert for a fast easy way to voice your support of this bill and ask your congressperson to co-sponsor it:
- The Animal Legal Defense Fund’s Action Alert for H.R. 4122:
- IFAW’s (International Fund For Animal Welfare) Action Alert
- You can also sign this petition: Tell Congress: Big Cats are NOT Pets!
- and show your support for H.R. 4122 at PopVox:
H.R. 3359: Help Tigers and Animals Suffering in Circuses H.R. 3359 – The Traveling Exotic Animal Protection Act is a federal bill that would amend the Animal Welfare Act to restrict the use of exotic and non-domesticated animals in circuses and traveling shows. Please contact your congress member and tell them as their constituent you support H.R. 3359 and ask them to co-sponsor this bill.
- You can send an automated e-mail here:
- For more information about H.R. 3359 / TEAPA visit Break The Chain “the campaign to bring an end to circus animal suffering in the USA, led by Animal Defenders International.” Break The Chain has updates about the campaign, resources, and more ways to take action.
- Please cast your vote in SUPPORT of H.R. 3359 at Pop Vox:
For more information on captive U.S. tigers: