Roar For ♥TONY♥ ConocoPhillips Response 6.11.2010
Free Tony The Tiger Members have reported receiving the following response from Conoco/Phillips. While we understand Conoco/Phillips is the supplier and Tiger Truck Stop is independently owned, just look at the sign and see how their name and reputation is associated with Tiger Truck Stop. You would think the “third-largest integrated energy company in the United States,” would not welcome such adverse publicity. Keep writing and Roaring For Tony!!!
Thank you for giving ConocoPhillips the opportunity to review this matter. The station you refer to is an independently owned and operated business. As such, ConocoPhillips has no direct control over the station. We are a supplier of petroleum products to wholesale distributors (marketers), who deliver these products to retail service stations. Product pricing, service, and management policies are the sole responsibility of the owner of the stations. However, we have made some initial inquiries regarding your concerns and hope to be able to respond to your concerns in the immediate future. As always, please know we value your business and hope you will provide ConocoPhillips with future opportunities to serve you. We can also be reached by calling 1-800-527-5476, Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm Central Standard Time. Regards,ConocoPhillips Web Consumer Services
ConocoPhillips Contact Information:
1. Sign Tony’s petition “Boycott Conoco/Phillips at:
If you have already signed, please share the link on Facebook. There is even an easy share option on the petition page itself where you can share via Facebook, Twitter and e-mail.
2. Individually mail letters to the following individuals at Conoco/Phillips. Please remember to keep letters respectful and on point:
James J. Mulva
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
John A. Carrig
President and Chief Operating Officer
Robert A. Herman
Health, Safety and Environment
Corporate headquarters’ contact information:
600 North Dairy Ashford
Houston, TX 77079-1175
P.O. Box 2197
Houston, TX 77252-2197
3. ConocoPhillips has an online e-mail form for your comments:
Here is a sample e-mail you can use:
I have learned that ConocoPhillips is the fuel supplier for The Tiger Truck Stop in Grosse Tete Louisiana. This truck stop exploits a live tiger named Tony as a roadside attraction.
I find it difficult to believe that your company would be associated with this establishment and all the problems they have had in the past. The owner has been cited numerous times by the USDA for improper care of the tigers he has kept at the truck stop, and has also failed to comply with laws regarding ownership of such animals. Because of your support and association with Tiger Truck Stop and its display of animal cruelty I will be boycotting ConocoPhillips.
4. Also send an e-mail to the ConocoPhillips Ethics Office at:
To contact someone regarding ethics and compliance at ConocoPhillips, you can reach them also:
• Via the Ethics HelpLine at 1-800-527-5476 (within U.S. or Canada) or outside U.S. and Canada click here and online at http://www.ConocoPhillips.EthicsPoint.com/ Callers may choose to remain anonymous
• Via regular mail at ConocoPhillips Corporate Ethics Office, 600 N. Dairy Ashford, MA2152, Houston, TX 77079
5. Conoco/Phillips has a Facebook page where there is a discussion started about Tony.
Add your comments to it: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=173793155340&topic=29099
and post to their wall: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Houston-TX/ConocoPhillips/173793155340
6. Conoco/Phillips on Twitter: http://twitter.com/conocophillips
@conocophillips Truck Stops Are For Trucks NOT TIGERS! Please do not support animal cruelty http://www.youtube.com/user/FreeTonyTheTiger
Conoco/Phillips Website: http://www.conocophillips.com/EN/Pages/index.aspx