This great action alert for Tony from Big Cat Rescue – Tampa FL, which is very important to act on, http://www.capwiz.com/bigcatrescue/issues/alert/?alertid=19391501&type=ML targets most all of the key decision makers regarding the LDWF permit except for a few, one being Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal. Two weeks ago we had a “call in/write in” day to the Governor and TODAY we’ll be doing this again.
Contact the Governor and express your concerns for Tony’s health and welfare, and your objections to the renewal of the Lousiana Depatment of Wildlife and Fisheries permit to Tony’s owner Michael Sandlin
- Call Governor Jindal’s office:
1-225-342-7015 and 1-225-342-0991.
- This link http://www.gov.la.gov/index.cfm?md=form&tmp=email_governor will take you to Governor Jindal’s online email form. You do NOT have to be a resident of Louisiana or a US citizen. As you fill in the contact info you will come to PARISH – click on the drop sown menu and scroll down to the bottom where you will see “out of state”.
You can include in your message:
Ask The Trucker’s Post With Their Original Video: http://www.askthetrucker.com/tony-the-truck-stop-tiger-revisited/
Ask the Trucker’s Post With Raw Video Footage of Tony: http://www.askthetrucker.com/truck-stop-tiger-video-not-seen-on-cnn/
Big Cat Rescue – Tampa FL’s Video For Tony: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gc00OiNh5w
Report About Tony from Issues With Jane Velez Mitchell: https://freetonythetiger.wordpress.com/2010/11/13/from-issues-with-jane-velez-mitchell-tiger-tug-of-war/
- If you have a Twitter account tweet the Governor or retweet “Tony’s” tweets. Follow Tony on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/FreeTonyTiger Some of today’s tweets:
@BobbyJindal Will #Louisiana Save Tony?? How much longer must he suffer? http://ow.ly/39MkC #freetonytiger #animalabuse #animalcruelty
@BobbyJindal Activist: #Louisiana shamed by tiger’s plight ““His quality of #life is zero.” http://ow.ly/39Muf #freetonytiger @2theadvocate
@BobbyJindal @LDWF Position statement on privately owned #tigers: http://tinypaste.com/aa819 How can this be justified?? #freetonytiger
@BobbyJindal “I’m asking you to once again (believe in #Louisiana) Help Tony The #Truck Stop #Tiger.” http://ow.ly/39ObY #freetonytiger
@BobbyJindal Iberville Parish Council amended ordinance to allow “one” individual 2 keep & display tiger. http://ow.ly/35nSf #freetonytiger
@BobbyJindal #Louisiana #law http://ow.ly/35o69 #tigers legally owned 8/15/06 grandfathered in #freetonytiger not legally owned per ‘93 ord.
- Add polite respectful comments here: http://www.facebook.com/bobbyjindal
You can add a link or picture to your comment. Video links:
Big Cat Rescue’s video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gc00OiNh5w
- This discussion is still up on the Governor’s Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=15529&post=136554&uid=51275855094#!/topic.php?uid=51275855094&topic=15529
- Written letters to the Governor can be mailed to:
Governor Bobby Jindal
Office of The Governor
P. O. Box 94004
Baton Rouge, LA 70804-9004
- And faxed to: 1-225-342-7099
Show your support for Tony TODAY by contacting Governor Jindal. For more ways you can help Tony EVERYDAY visit Tony’s “Take Action” pages: https://freetonythetiger.wordpress.com/take-action/ and http://www.facebook.com/FreeTonyTheTiger?v=app_4949752878
Thanks to Martha Skinner Hoffman for this great idea and for her dedicated support to Tony, and Thank You to ALL of Tony’s friends for their continued support in the fight to give Tony the life and home he deserves.