LDWF Asks For Postponement   1 comment

The LDWF has asked for a postponement of the hearing scheduled on June 14th, 2011 regarding ALDF’s motion for a mandatory injunction which would require the LDWF to revoke the current permit and seize Tony so he would not have to wait until December 2011 for relocation. According to ALDF attorney Matthew Liebman, “The hearing is still on calendar for next Tuesday, but the state has asked for a continuance, which would delay the hearing indefinitely. We filed an opposition to the continuance today [June 9].  We probably won’t know until Monday or even Tuesday whether the hearing will take place as scheduled; it all depends on whether the judge grants the continuance.”

Source: http://www.examiner.com/animal-policy-in-national/judge-says-truck-stop-owner-can-t-intervene-decisions-about-tony-the-tiger

One response to “LDWF Asks For Postponement

Subscribe to comments with RSS.

  1. It’s good to hear that there’ll be hearing on Tony’s getting freed soon…tho the wheels of justice grind slowly!. Am keeping a positive thought toward Tony’s freedom happening soon.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: