Tony is a finalist for a Shorty Award for the second year in a row in the “Non-Human” Category. (Please note voting ended February 19th, 2015.)
Tony’s Shorty Awards Campaign highlights his use of Twitter to raise awareness for captive U.S. tigers.
Watch his video:
We thought it would be a great idea to hold a Tweetstorm to show our support for Tony and to recognize his status as an ambassador for captive tigers.
So if you tweet, join us on Twitter ~ Monday April 20th, 2015 ~ and GET LOUD for TONY! We’d like to demonstrate the awesome support and love he has worldwide and that he deserves a Shorty Award as recognition for his strong social media presence on this important issue.
If you don’t Tweet, we’ve created a Facebook event you can join to show your support: https://www.facebook.com/events/1439167329711107/
The Shorty Awards Ceremony is also on Monday April 20th and begins at 6:30pmest.
Our Tweetstorm will highlight Tony’s story, his Shorty Awards Campaign, how captive tigers are exploited, and what you can do to help them.
At 12:30pmEST on Monday April 20th, we’ll be posting a link here, on Twitter and Facebook, with pre-made tweets (feel free to use your own too) and the hashtag to use. Be sure to follow @TonyTiger2000 & @FreeTonyTiger.
PLEASE START TWEETING AT 1PMEST on APRIL 20, 2015!!
- Not in EST? Find your time zone here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Don’t tweet too much the day of (before) the event.
- Our Tweetstorm will last one hour.
- Copy+Paste tweets are fast, or use the pre-made tweets we’ll be posting Monday along with the hashtag to use. Retweets (RTs) do not count when trying to get a hashtag to trend!
- Always include the hashtag in every tweet!
Please share this post and the picture in this post! Easy share buttons below. Thanks for your support!
KEEP ROARING FOR TONY & CAPTIVE TIGERS!